IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Beef and Pork Noodles @ Yang Kee, Old Klang Road


No....I don't take beef....I have been staying in this area for almost 4-5 years and each time I passed by this shop, it's always crowded with their customers waiting to be sitted. Their old signboard was quite misleading anyway...cause I thought they only sell beef noodles. Until last month, one of my friend, Ah Choy told me they have pork noodles which is also their signature noodle dish as well.


I doubted Ah Choy's statement but no harm for me to visit the shop to check it out. My colleague Lee came to look for me for lunch, so I suggested we visit Restoran Yang Kee. They have change their signboard, picture as below, so I asked Lee what is written there, since I don't know Chinese (don't be suprised if you see my blog in Chinese, I learned to recognized words throughout the years by going to Karaoke )

Crowded as usual, customers waititng to be sitted, next time I will ask someone who consume beef to go with me, need someone to comment on their beef noodles. That great? Lee do consume beef, but I don't know why that day he chosed pork noodles as well, was it due to my question frequently posted to him ?-" You are a buddhist, why do you consume beef?"- My "Ah Ma thinking!"

Porkballs noodles @ RM 4/ bowl

I don't really like meat balls either but it's fine to have it once in awhile. Porkballs served were finely minced and the bouncy texture was good, it was served in soup. Besides that, the minced pork served with noodles are stir fry minced pork with some excotic ingredients and it taste delicious. The taste was familiar....was it nutmeg or something elses?- I don't know. Had a quick meal and left cause the place is too crowded.

Their menu board, stated with the price per bowl

Will definitely be back there since it's so near to my place. It is located near Steven Corner, OUG and since there is morning market this area, parking spaces is limited. So, do consider to the timing when you planned to visit Restaurant Yang Kee.

Address as below:
No. 52, Jalan Hujan Rahmat 2,
Taman OUG, Jln Kelang Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-7784 3739

Business Hours:
Tuesday- Saturday - 8.30 am to 6 pm
Sunday & Public Holiday - 8.30 am to 4 pm, closed on Mondays.

No comments: