IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Alexis Bistro & Bar @ Jalan Telawi, Bangsar


Pavlova....pavlova.....finally you melted in my mouth. Hahahahaha....I have always wanted to try Pavlova, but each time when I visit Alexis, it's sold out!! Guess it's my lucky day this round

Our Branch Manager took us out for nasi kandar at Bangsar last week, and we really enjoyed our lunch. It so happened that Jessie and I were talking about cakes and we mentioned that we wanna go there, and our Branch Manager really brought us there. after lunch. Thanks a lot to him....or else I really don't know when I will be revisiting Alexis.


Pavlova or more frequently known as "pav" is a meringue dessert named after a Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova. It is a meringue cake with a light, delicate, crisp crust and a soft sweet marshmallow centera and normaly served with whipped cream and fresh fruits. The origin of the Pavlova are disputed between New Zealand and Australia and the long outstanding debate has not been resolved.

The cake itself looks tempting and sweet. But for me, it's not that sweet actually, not like those rich chocolate cake, and the fresh fruits served with the cake is offsets the sweetness. When you eat this incredible delightful dessert, you can feel the meringue is slowly melting in your mouth. (Sounds abit like M&M commercial "melts in you mouth not in your hand")-I don't know Pavlova melts in hand or not!


No comments: