IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Meng Kee Char Siu @ Tengkat Tong Shin


In my previous post on
Char Siu Rice @ Kedai Kopi Tian Hong, I have came across many reviews on Meng Kee Char Siu Rice, but I didn't really read the reviews of it until recently after my colleague and I went to Meng Kee @ Tengkat Tong Shin for lunch.

Meng Kee has been operating for years and they have another branch in Glenmarie too. There are reviews stating that Meng Kee's roasted pork (char siu) doesn't taste as good as before, for me, I have not been to this place earlier, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Meng Kee Char Siu Rice @ Tengkat Tong Shin

Meng Kee's Char Siu (Roasted/ Fork burn pork)
The outer layer of the roasted pork are crispy and I personally think that the roasted pork is too rich with maltose/caramel/honey. The outer layer is sort of sticky and the sweetness covered away the taste of the marinades. Can't taste much on the pork but only sweetness and the crispyness of the, perhaps this is why they are special!

Meng Kee's Steamed Chicken

Vegetables

Steamed chicken is a must at Meng Kee as they do not have other optional dishes other than char siu and vegetables. I don't like steamed chicken but this is considered a good one. Not much fats and chicken meat were tender.

The walk from office to Tengkat Tong Shin wasn't that far actually, but the sights of dead mouse and garbage sites makes me feel like throwing up after lunch. What a lunch!!

Address:

Meng Kee Char Siu 明记叉烧
13 Tengkat Tong Shin
50200 Kuala Lumpur
( Operating hours 11 a.m- about 4 pm)

Meng Kee Char Siu 明记叉烧
20 (Ground), Jalan Pekedai U1/36
Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park
Shah Alam
Tel: 019-379 3629


No comments: