IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Penang Food -Ice Kacang & Lor bak @ Lorong Selamat, Penang


It has been two years since I visited Penang and I have been waiting anxiously for my Penang trip. This is not a food hunting trip as I am on serious diet! Hahahahaha..... My sideways expansion has given most of my family members a big surprised when I was back in hometown during Chinese New Year!! My uncle asked, " Did you gained 20 kg??" --- "NOOooooo!!, I didn't!!" Huuuuuuuuuuu~~ Anyway, thanks for all the hoo-hahs!!

Although this is not a gobbling trip, I still need to eat and Kedai Kopi dan Ice Kacang@ Lorong Selamat is in my planned list! There are several famous and delicious food that one can dine in this shop.

Kedai Kopi dan Ice Kacang, Lorong Selamat, Penang
Well, when mention Lorong Selamat, I guess the first thing that comes in one's mind is the famous char kuey tiow. Yes! I was there for the char kuey tiow and the waiting time is about 30-45 minutes. So, while waiting, there are other food that you can try too. This is what you can try.........

Ice Kacang @ Kedai Kopi dan Ice Kacang, Lorong Selamat, Penang
A bowl of ice kacang topped with vanilla ice cream and slight Sarsi taste to quench your thirst and boost your anxiousness while waiting for the plate of expensivc and famous Char Kuey Tiow to be serve. Warn you, a bowl might no be enough!! Hahahaha....... that's greedy Lushia, but she is a good girl (girl? yucks~) , she didn't order another bowl....

About Ais Kacang
Ice kacang known as ais kacang in our national language or also known as ABC (Air Batu Campur) is a famous dessert in Malaysia. the dessert are made from shaved ice served with beans, grass jelly, sweet corns,cendol, agar agar & etc then, topped with sweet syrups and evaporated milk (optional). This dessert are commonly found in Malaysia.

Lor bak @ Kedai Kopi Low Eng Hoo, Lorong Selamat, Penang
I don't fancy lor bak but the one served here impressed me. Every selection of the lor bak here tasted good and fresh, Not like those you find in KL, most of the lor bak in hawker stalls has been kept for few days, frying and heating over and over again! Lor bak here is served with one small bowl of chilli sauce and another small bowl of "loh", a thick broth thickened with cornstarh and cooked with eggs.

About Lor bak
Minced pork/marinated pork wrapped with soybean sheets and deep fried. In most places, lor bak is served with many varieties of deep fried food like fish balls, taiwan sausages etc. Lor bak are normally served with chilli sauce and a bowl of broth thickend with cornstarch and cooked with beaten eggs.

Am still waiting for my plate og char kuey tiow.................

Address:

Kedai Kopi dan Ice Kacang ( Kedai Kopi Low Eng Hoo)
Lorong Selamat, Penang
(walked in to the ice kacang stall and you will see there is a signboard- Kedai Kopi Low Eng Hoo)

No comments: