IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Malacca Food -Saturday Ice Cafe

~ FOODS in MALACCA~

Saturday Ice Cafe has been operating for many many many years. It's funny...I went to a school which is located very near to this cafe but I have NOT BEEN to this cafe during my school time. Probably because I always joined my group of friends to the Mee Hun Kueh shop which is nearby this cafe. Ooopss.....sort of missing the mee hun kueh time..~Hahahahahaha~

Well, this is my first visit to this cafe. Saturday Ice Cafe is famous with their Ice Pat Poh and there is a stall that operates in front of the shop that sells scrumptious Char Kway Teow ( Fried Flat Noodles). I knew it long time ago but I don't know why, I only visit this place after so many years. Better late than never huh!!

Saturday Ice Cafe @ Jalan Parameswara

Fried Flat Noodles (Char Kuey Tiow)

They said Malaccans have weird taste-buds because they have wan tan mee which is not served with dark soy sauce and they eat Fried flat noodles with sweet bean sauce. I think this is what makes Malacca so special. Malaccans out there....agree with mee? The fried flat noodles in KL is somehow different, I have not came accross fried flat noodles served with sweet sauce.

Saturday Night @ RM 2.00 per bowl

I wanted to order their Ice Pat Poh, but I can't find "Ice Pat Poh" in their menu list until I decided to order Saturday Night. Anyway, I enjoyed the dessert and am too full to have more. I wish I can stay there and try at least more than 5 of their desserts but I can't. My stomach gonna burst soon!!

Menu of Saturday Ice Cafe
Am heading back to K and I start to miss more of Malacca food now... Asam Pedas Ikan Pari, Mee Goreng at Tanjung Kling, Mee Rebus at Ujong Pasir, seafood at Portuguese Settlements , Nyonya foods.........Bye bye.. I will be back!!

Address:
Saturday Ice Cafe - Along Jalan Parameswara

No comments: