IMPORTANT

Hey! Thanks for dropping by, please be informed that
http://ls-lushia.blogspot.com has now moved to http://www.iloveyummyfood.com

See you there! Have A Nice Day!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nyonya Laksa @ Fu Shou Lou USJ 2


Fu Shou Lou (Cantonese) in English means Mr. Beard has appeared in much newspaper and magazines review before for his delicious Nyonya Laksa.


Months before, Sam told me there is one stall in USJ 2 which is very famous with curry noodles. So we had our meal there with his bro the other day. Upon entering the shop, I saw newspaper and magazine cuttings pasted on the wall recommending Mr. Beard's nyonya laksa.


Fu Shou Lou Nyonya Curry Mee @ USJ 2
Now I understand why Sam told me it's curry mee instead of nyonya laksa. My first sip of the broth told me it's Nyonya Laksa and I said " This is laksa not curry mee lah!~" Then his bro pointed to Mr Beard's stall and said it's stated there "Nyonya". I was sitting facing the other way, I turned and saw the name of Mr. Beard's stall ,so it's Nyonya Laksa not Curry mee. There is a difference. Do you know? Although the color it's almost the same, the taste is different!

Nyonya Laksa @ RM 4.50
Laksa is a popular spicy noodle soup from Peranakan(descendants) culture, which is the unique blend of Chinese and Malay elements found in Malaysia (Penang & Malacca) & Singapore during the old times.

So, I am wondering where is Mr. Beard from? No doubt......his nyonya laksa can be described with one word' Delicious!! Almost the sane with what I had in my hometown.....

Kedai Makanan USJ
2, Jalan USJ 2/2c
47620 UEP Subang Jaya
( The stall operates from 10 am to about 2 pm)


No comments: